Tonight I focused on moving slowly and methodically through the painting assembling it stroke by stroke and checking the correction of each, it was a real lesson in patience. I didn’t get much done on the painting but what I did finish is looking great.
In my last post I was talking about slowing down and working more on accuracy and focus rather than trying to finish a painting. After all my focus right now should be getting better at making good decisions not finishing a painting. If I put enough good decisions together the finish will come along soon enough.
Thai Tea Painting Setup
Unfortunately I do see one issue with this way of working. My initial lay-in on the first session of this painting was unfocused and wrought with bad drawing and even though I’m checking each stroke I seem to still have some drawing issues.
Edit: I really need to proof read my posts more careful. It wasn’t until a day after that I realized that the post title was saying “tean” instead of “tea”… quite embarrassing.