The greens of this pepper could not be matched with my current palette. I matched the values as well as I could but the greens are not as vibrant as I would like. I also figured out that I’m almost out of all blue paint, so I ran out to the art store and picked up some pthalo blue and lemon yellow. These two colors should be able to achieve even the most acidic green. I’m contemplating painting the pepper again to try and match the colors better.
It’s been a while since I have done this. Here is a direct comparison between my painting and the subject. I had to adjust the value up on the photo to get the relative values at least close to the subject because the camera tends to black out all shadow areas. But, it’s easy to see that the drawing is a bit off and the values could be higher on the light side of the pepper. I’m definitely going to have to paint this one again.