After 9 days and about 18 hours of work on this painting I’m finished with it. My first painting for 2017 and I’m very happy with how it turned out.
This last session I focused on the foot and the background. I didn’t have much left to do for the last couple hours of work. So after finishing this, I started preparation for the next painting. I think the next painting is going to be female and I will probably work just as long on it.
Interesting note here, the arm on the right, chest and head of this figure used all flake white. The arm on the left used a flake white replacement by Gamblin and for the leg I used titanium white. I think without a doubt flake white and the flake white replacement is far superior to titanium white for flesh tones. I can barely tell the difference between the flake white and the flake white replacement though, I think I will let the cost decide on that one.