Today is another beginning to a new figure painting in oil and I’m still trying to iterate the process and improve.
I changed the paper I was using. I still have a stack of the paper I was using though, Strathmore cold press 140# watercolor paper. I actually have some hot press watercolor paper coming soon that I ordered online but I didn’t want to have to wait till it got here. So today I cut a 12×16 piece of 90# beige drawing paper. I can’t remember the name of it, but it is close to a Reieves BFK, or Arches drawing paper. The main reason for using it though is its texture, or lack there of. I want to see how well these detailed paintings go on a paper that has a lot less deep texture. I feel as though in many of these painting the texture is getting in the way. I shall report my findings in a few days.